FIRE Escape 6: Upgrading to bigger location??

In HDTV 002, I said that I was checking with the owner of Weaver Cottage to see if she would allow more people to stop over (above the listed 8) on sofa's etc. She wasn't sure if it was allowed, but she said she would check. 

She said she owns another property that is fairly close that can sleep 15 people if I was interested. It wasn't scheduled to be sold on 3-5th March, so she was going to see how much it would cost for the weekend. 

Anyways, I spoke to her this morning and she said that by having anyone stop overnight - above the 8 people - it would invalidate her insurance policy, so unfortunately that's not an option.

She also confirmed that despite her enthusiasm for the second property, she forgot that the stairs won't be fitted into it in time for the weekend, so that's no longer an option either. 


Who's been allocated rooms at Weaver Cottage?

Room 1: Huw and Lou
Room 2: Cora and Helen
Room 3: Eva and Valerie
Room 4: M & Martina 


What about the rest of us?

I take full responsibility for not renting a bigger location. It's quite difficult to know in advance how many people would be interested. In hindsight, I should have gone for 6-10 rooms, and I will do in future. 

I'm sorry to everyone else that has asked to stop over, but there's no room at the inn. 

Hopefully, there's enough time for you to book alternative accommodation near to the cottage. 

RE DONATION: If you book alternative accommodation, let me know how much your accommodation is and we'll review the donation amount. I don't want anyone paying more than they have to, and I'd like everyone to attend. 

If you're stopping in the cottage, it's going to be around £65 each for the 2 nights. I'm not going to ask for the money yet, as we're likely to have people stopping by and donating. Once I have a better idea of how many people will be attending, I'll let you know the amount. 

One again, I'm SO SORRY to everyone that had hopes of stopping over. I commit to renting more rooms next time around, I promise!


Any questions?

If I've missed anything, please leave a comment below and I'll answer it as soon as I can. 

Have a great day!


Labels: , , , , ,