My 2016 Goals - All 25 of them!


My £100,000 Cheque to myself



If you were following me this time last year, you would have seen this picture before. It's a cheque for £100,000 written for me (how generous!). 

I don't plan on cashing out that money, but I DO plan on earning it in 2016. As you're soon to find out, it's my number 1 priority for 2016.

This cheque is stuck on my drawers next to my bed, so every time I wake up, and every time I go to bed, I can see it. It's a technique from the Law of Attraction that Jim Carey and Jack Canfield implemented successfully earlier on in their careers and I thought it was worth trying myself. 

When I wrote this cheque on 31st December 2014, I didn't really believe that I would earn that money in a year, in fact I was just after an additional £1,000 per month side income. Right now in 2016, things are very different.....

I earned over £5,500  in December 2015, and I plan on making that number and more each month this year. In fact, to earn £100,000 in a year, I need to earn £8,333 per month, which isn't too far away. I have the confidence that I can surpass this milestone in 2016 and once I HAVE. I'll be writing another cheque, but with an additional 3 zeros on it! :-)

But it's not just about money for me, I want to grow in all areas of my life - Intelligence, managing stress/emotions, physical, relationships, contribution...... you name it. I've created another large list of goals for 2016 to keep me accountable across the board and I've broken them down into the following sections:

Some of you might think that 25 goals is a little excessive, and you might be right, but I found that I progressed in so many ways last year by committing to improving in multiple areas. I wanted to replicate the same level of success this year, and even take it onto a new level. 

There were goals that I didn't hit last year, more than half to be precise. However, when I stepped back and asked the question if it was worthwhile committing to that particular failed goal 12 months earlier, the answer was still 'yes'. For example, I had 10 'guy only' nights last year, 2 short of my goal. Am I gutted? Not at all! I still had more than I would have had if I had not committed to it, so for me it's worth 'failing' a goal in order to get better at it. 


"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll become a neighbour to the creepy guy on the John Lewis ads."
~Huw Davies


I plan on producing a video every month documenting my progress on each of the goals. I started to do this last year on this Blog and ended up stopping when I quit my job. I want to make sure that doesn't happen in 2016 and I think a video version will reduce the chances. 

This process will keep me accountable, improve the chances of achieving them and hopefully inspire some of you to do the same. 

You don't have to take my approach, but I encourage you to commit to improving in at least 1 area of your life this year - Even if it's to become a better friend, wife or father. 

How do you want to grow this year?

Commit to telling someone about it, make the goal measurable somehow (my Youtube video will help with that), and put a time limit to it to create urgency. 

Without further ado here's the video for my 2016 goals.

Please let me know what goals you've set for yourself this year in the comments below!! I love to see people committing to action. I find it motivating myself!

I hope everyone has a Super-successful 2016!




2016 Goals

Priority Goals
1.      I will easily earn at least £100,000 in income by 31 December 2016. (£8,333 per month)
2.    I will easily create and launch 3 x online courses that help people by 31 December 2016.
3.    I will easily help 5 x people quit their day jobs by 31 December 2016. (The people I help will decide whether my contribution was significant enough – request feedback in writing)
4.    I will easily purchase my first buy-to-let property by 31 December 2016.



Financial Goals
  1. I will easily earn at least £10,000 in one month by 31 December 2016.
  2. My Investment portfolio (shares, bonds, & funds) will easily be worth over £50,000 by 31 December 2016.
  3. I will easily receive over £3,000 in dividends by 31 December 2016.


Business Goals
  1. I will easily create a business website that offers information, courses and coaching on Kindle Publishing by 31 December 2016.
  2. I will easily hire at least one person to help me run my Kindle Publishing business by 31 December 2016.


Physical Goals
  1. I will easily take photos of my body at the end of every month in 2016 to track the progress of my physique.
  2. I will easily maintain a waist measurement below 84cm each month by 31 December 2016.
  3. I will easily Bench Press 120kg, Shoulder Press 85kg, and perform a pull up with 50kg attached by 31 December 2016.
  4. I will easily complete 2 x physical events by 31 December 2016.


Mind Goals
  1. I will easily complete a 30, 50 and 100 day consecutive morning ritual challenges by 31 December 2016.
  2. I will easily read or listen to 16 books by 31 December 2016.
  3. I will easily complete 6 x comfort zone challenges by 31 December 2016. (The thought of completing each one should make me feel anxious)
  4. I will easily attend at least 1 x Personal Development conference by 31 December 2016.
  5. I will easily invest in over £1,500 worth of courses, books and education for myself.


Relationship Goals
  1. I will happily have at least one ‘date night’ a month for the whole of 2016. (12 ‘date’ nights)
  2. I will happily have at least one ‘guy only night’ a month for the whole of 2016. (12 ‘Guy Only’ nights)


Contribution Goals
  1. I will happily contribute at least £500 towards charity for by 31 December 2016. (£42 per month)
  2. I will easily reach out to help at least one person every month, free of charge and without reason (12 in the year) by 31 December 2015.


Social Media Goals
  1. I will easily create a New Blogging platform which will focus on my experience of Personal Development by 31 December 2016.
  2.  I will easily upload 100 videos to my Youtube channel by 31 December 2016.
  3. I will easily organise 3 x FIRE Escape Gatherings for FI/PF Bloggers and readers by 31 December 2016.


Labels: , ,