Look Out York, Here We Come!

Image result for Stonegate yard, york, garden courtyard
(Garden Courtyard, Stonegate Yard, York)

Look Out York

Hide your free samples, your 2 for 1 deals, and your discount menu options because we're coming to get them. 

The 'Frugal Fun Bus' is coming to town and nothing is going to stop our mindful spending approach. Get your free jugs of tap water at the ready. Stock up on your complimentary drinks, sauces and pine cones because we're not leaving York without them. We want to get our money's worth!


Image result for ross from friends free stuff hotel
"Mmmm Free pine cones"

OK, we're not going to steal pine cones...... because we've earned them! No seriously, this weekend isn't necessarily about being as tight as possible (although you're welcome to be). I actually spent quite a lot of money last time (for me), and I didn't mind at all. I was with great people, I rarely treat myself - as you might see from my monthly Income & Expenses - and as it's a trice annual event..... why not. 

It was bloody refreshing to be with people that thought so keenly on how much money they were spending, but it didn't stop us from having a good time. 6 of us went for dinner on the Saturday night and everyone one of us ordered from the set menu, and no-one passed comment or judgement. It was bliss!

The weekend has 'almost' no agenda. 

What do you mean by 'almost' Huw?

We have a set time booked to spend in the Garden Courtyard, of the Stonegate Yard (noon to 4.15pm), and we have Weenie's 'Monkey Stock League Challenge' blind draw during that time. That's it!

Everything else is on the fly and we'll just have a good time being in each others company. People can stay with us the whole weekend or come and go as they please. It's important for me to make the weekend relaxed and enjoyable for everyone. 


You Don't Need To Be A Blogger / Investing Expert

Some of us will talk about investing, Blogging, ER, frugal living, and side hustles. Others will talk about life history, hobbies and pine cones. It really doesn't matter. 

I've received a couple of messages from people saying they don't feel they 'know enough' about the topics we talk about on our Blogs to warrant being there. I couldn't discourage you from thinking that more! 

Come along for a chat, make some friends, share some tips, learn some stuff, and most importantly have some fun!



You'll Fit Right In, I Promise

Some other people commented on feeling a little intimidated by coming into 'the group'. To start with, we've only met once before, so we only know each others faces. We're still getting to know each other. 

I'm not just saying this, but the group of people that attended last time, could not have been more welcoming and nice. Lou, my other half, was a little concerned she might be out of her depth, as she's doesn't know a lot about Investing, ER, and Side Hustles. She's also a bit of an introvert. She had a fantastic time, and is just as excited as I am about meeting up again. 

To reassure some of you somewhat. It looks like we'll have a nice blend of regular's and first timers coming along, so you won't be the odd one out.

Also, we had a couple of people turn up on their own last time. We have a few more coming on their own to York this weekend, so please don't let it hold you back. Come and say hello!


I Can't Make This One

It's not a problem. I plan on doing one every Spring, Summer and Autumn. The next one will be somewhere in the South East (TBC) in Sep/Oct and I'll confirm the details later in Aug/early Sep. 

I'll be doing my best to write up the weekend for those of you that can't make it. I'm also entering new territory by filming parts from the weekend, and I plan on sharing it with you all on my new Youtube Channel* - FFB40. 

*I've been taking requests and I'm happy to continue taking requests, for people not wanting to be filmed - I hope for your benefit there's more than just me and Lou on camera! :-)


Two Sleeps To Go!

It's now starting to sink in and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again, and I'm also excited about meeting some new faces.  

Lou and I will be driving up on Friday morning and we should get there around lunch time. We're going to get settled into the hotel room and then make our way into town. Not sure where or what time yet. 

If you're around please fell free to call my mobile. If you don't have my number yet, send me an email with your details, times/dates you'll be there (approx), and I'll email it back to you - hrdavies82@gmail.com

Me and Lou will happily spend the afternoon together on our own, or we'd be just as happy to have 20 people join us. We really don't mind!

I hope you all have a safe and pleasant journey getting to York and I look forward to seeing you very soon.

Huw


PS. Please leave a comment below if you attended the last one and to let other first timers know what it was like. 

PPS. Please leave a comment if you're generally excited about the weekend ahead!


Labels: