Open Invitation: Mastermind Group



We're now well into the New Year, believe it not, this Sunday we'll be stepping into February. What the hell happened to January! I don't know about you, but I actually embrace the speed that the months and years roll by. It gets me excited, because I know I'm getting closer to Financial Independence. 

In December, I set some Ambitious Goals for 2015. I placed the bar higher than I ever have before. I want to see if I have what it takes to achieve something I would be really proud of. To accomplish a Goal that I (and others) would class as unrealistic. To increase my chances of success I've broken down the steps I need to take to get me closer to each Goal. I worked backwards from my target and set 6 month, 3 month and 1 month goals for every area of my life. We're now rapidly approaching the end of month 1 (Gulp!). So, how are we doing?

How are you getting on with your Annual Goals so far? Are you 1/12 or 8% of the way towards them?

I set 23 Goals this year and I have some unofficial ones I'm working on too (because I don't enough already!). From my end it's a mixed bag. I'm way ahead of schedule on some, I'm where I need to be on others and I haven't even started a few of them. I'm not sure about you, but I have some Goals which have a higher priority than others. They're all important, but some are a massive challenge, whilst others would be 'nice to have's'. For example, My four 'Financial' and two 'Business' Goals are huge undertakings. They scare me a little bit and I wouldn't bet my mortgage on me achieving them right now. My two 'Emotional' and four 'Relationship' Goals are easily achievable for me, I just need to make sure I'm consistent and I follow through with them. I've prioritised the challenging ones, and I'm pleased to say I've made some good progress on that front. I'll go into more detail in February when I'll start writing a Monthly Goal Update. 


Why am I interested in Annual Goals when we're not out of January yet?

When they're set right, Goals are tough. It's easy to forget about them and think about other things that come up in everyday life. I want to reduce the chances of that happening. Committing to my Goals via this Blog, writing Monthly Updates, and telling other people about them is all part of keeping me accountable for my actions. If I can stay on track with my monthly markers, there's no reason why I can't hit my annual targets. 

I've read on numerous occasions that you act and behave like the people you associate with. If you want to lose weight, and you go to a gym or a weight-loss class you're around like-minded people who want the same thing. You're able to connect and relate to their thoughts, wants and needs. You can motivate each other, keep each other accountable and stay on track. It isn't the magic bullet to success, but it helps. 

Immersion is an effective way to change how we behave and the actions we take. I'd like to take similar steps this year and be around like-minded people more often. I've recently set up another UK Gathering where I'm hoping to meet more people that are passionate about Early Retirement and becoming Financially Independent. I'd like to add to this and set up my own regular Mastermind Group


What's a Mastermind Group?

I first came across Mastermind Groups when I read Napoleon Hill's Think And Grow Rich book. He describes what is much better than I could:
"The coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony"
I would like to set up a regular Skype or Telephone communication sessions with people who are equally driven or eager to hit their goals this year. I find the idea of these sessions very appealing. 


What's in it for you and me?

I've mentioned accountability already but I think it's hugely important. I want to tell people what I'm going to achieve each week, and report back the following week on what I ended up achieving. You would then do the same. You'd commit to doing certain actions, and then let me know how you get on. 

We can support each other when the going gets tough, as it undoubtedly will at some stage. As we'll be going through this process together, we'll understand where each other are coming from and visa versa. I love Miss FFBF, my friends and family, but they don't care about this stuff. They couldn't give a crap if I released 2 books or 5 books a month, or if I didn't commit to going to the gym 5 days every week and went twice instead. As like-minded individuals, you'd have a better understanding of the challenge I face, and likewise. 

Variety is the spice of life. So they say. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. I want us to share and benefit from using each others strengths in areas that don't come naturally to us. Hearing an opinion from a different perspective is also very healthy. I'm sure we'll learn how to use different techniques and approaches that have worked for others.

I want all parties to benefit from the time we spend with one another. We should all be receptive to receiving feedback and all be willing to give it to others.  


I'm interested, what next?

A Mastermind group will be more effective with numbers between 2-5. I'm not sure how much interest this Post will create....if any! So, to start with I'd like to find out who's interested. There's always room for discussion on these points, but this is roughly what I had in mind:

I'm looking for people with similar Goals, commitment and drive to me. This doesn't have to be the same, but similar helps. I don't want to have a 20 minute gossip about Broadchurch or what Katie Price did in Big Brother last night. I want to achieve several things this year and to help you readers understand my main priorities, here they are:
I'm not looking for people that can achieve my goals, or want the same things, as we all have different Goals and I might be on my own! I'm looking for people that have Goals this year and are serious and committed to achieving them. 



What do you think?

If you're interested in setting up a Mastermind Group with me and other like-minded people, please drop me a note on the contact form, which is on the right hand side of the Blog. 

I might get into a bit of difficulty if 10 people put their names forward, so to help me identify people with similar Goals or commitments to myself, could you tell me why you're interested in doing this, what your main goals are, and what your key strengths are as a person. This is not an Interview! - I want to make sure the people in the group are on the same page, but have enough diversity to help each other. 


Are you interested?


Labels: , ,