It's a Swedish tradition to leave money outside your front door overnight on the 31st December. It's supposed to bring you money in the New Year. I don't believe in superstitions but I've joined Miss FFBF for the last three years and I've decided to do things a little differently this year.
The actor Jim Carrey, and motivational speaker Jack Canfield believe in the 'Law of Attraction' and wrote cheques for $100,000 for themselves before they had 'made it'. They put it in a place they would see it everyday, and focused on receiving that sum of money. Eventually they both earned that amount, and wrote cheques for higher amounts. If it's good enough for Jack and Jim, it's good enough for me!
I wrote the cheque above and I plan on putting it outside my front door on the 31st December. I've placed the cheque on a set of drawers next to my bed for now. I look at it at least twice a day and I plan on returning it to the same place in the New Year. I'm intent on receiving that sum of money over the course of a year. It might not happen this year, but it WILL happen!
I've achieved all four of my intended financial goals for this year, including the Version 2 and 3 Targets. I will be publishing a breakdown of the 'Results' and 'Learning Outcomes' once the month has passed and I have my final numbers for expenses. I made a start on the review, and during the process I found that I've become exceptionally good at managing money. Once I have money in my possession, I'm very good at saving/investing it and I choose not to spend it. It's also highlighted that I'm currently very average at making money. My income is above the national average (approx £30,000 per year), but it's far from exceptional. My 'side hustles' are making an impact, but if I was able to make more money from them, my investments, dividend income and time to become FI would benefit from the back end.
I've decided to make 2015 The Year Of Making Money. Can I achieve the same success as I have experienced over the years with reducing expenses? Can I double my income? Can I make a living online? There's only one way to find out.......
I might be average at making money at the moment, but I have a lot of confidence in my ability to set Goals and to achieve them. If I set my mind to something, I usually accomplish it. If I'm unable to achieve it, I'll be very close.
My 2015 goals are across all the areas in my life, and some of them are very ambitious (there are other words to describe them too!). I've been specific and I've set a time frame to all of them. I will perform a weekly review where I'll check on my progress to these goals. I'll see what's worked, what hasn't, what I need to do to keep on track, and make any necessary adjustments. I'll post a 'Goal Update' on a Monthly and Quarterly basis on this Blog to show my progress.
Without further ado, here they are:
- I will earn at least £50,000 in income
by 31 December 2015.
- I will earn at least £1,000 per month creating and selling Kindle e-books by 31 December 2015.
- I will have a ‘Freedom Fund’ worth over
£50,000 by 31 December 2015.
- I will receive £2,000 in dividend
income by 31 December 2015.
- I will create and sell at least 50
Kindle e-books on Amazon by 31 December 2015.
- I will become a money coach in 2015. I
will have three separate ‘trial sessions’ with people I know and
three separate ‘paid sessions’ with people I don’t know by 31
- I will hit 100% of my Bonuses (three in total) for 2015.
- I will help all 7 people in my team develop by
supporting them achieve at least one personal goal – Attend a course / get
a promotion / hit a personal target etc by 31 December 2015.
- I will enter and compete in a
Bodybuilding event in 2015.
- I will record my daily macro-nutrients in a nutrition diary for at least one month.
- I will squat 175kg, I will Bench 120kg, and Deadlift 200kg.
- I will perform a morning ritual, which
lasts at least 10 mins, every weekday morning for the whole of 2015. (260
- I will perform a weekly review, on the
weekend, for the whole of 2015. (52 weekly reviews). These sessions will focus on my progression towards my Goals.
- I will have at least a date and location organised for our wedding by 31 December 2015.
- I will go on two holidays with Lou for
at least two nights each by 31 December 2015.
- I will visit three long distant friends - JB, RF and JD by 31 December 2015.
- I will have at least one ‘guy only
night’ a month for the whole of 2015. (12 ‘Guy Only’ nights)
- I will contribute at least £250
towards charity for by 31 December 2015.
- I will have 150,000 all time page views on my
Blog by 31 December 2015.
- I will consistently average over 10,000 page
views a month by 31 December 2015.
- I will publish 120 posts by 31 December 2015. (10
- I will organise two UK Gathering for
FI/PF Bloggers and readers by 31 December 2015.
- I will happily start and build Email list for
Blog by 31 December 2015.
I feel very positive about what 2015 will bring for me. I've been learning and practicing the power of Positive Thinking and Visualisation. I can say for the first time in my life, I believe that I will achieve all of the above, so much so that I've started to feel like I've already achieved them. I'm getting excited about having more money and getting married etc. That might sound a little strange to people, and it would have to me a few years ago, but I think this is a big step for me. I know I will achieve my goals above, it's just a matter of time for me now. Will 2015 be the time? Let's find out......
What do you think? Have you set your goals for 2015? How are you going to make sure they happen?
Labels: Goals, Strategy