Dividend Income - December 2014


plan on recording my monthly dividend payments on this blog for you all to see. I had a Goal for 2014 of producing more than £300 in Dividend payments, which I hit in September. My Dividend Income Goal has been extended (Version 2) to £550
This post will collate all of the dividends I've received this month and how I'm tracking against my Dividend Goals. I will reveal which companies have paid, and how much they've contributed.

I'm in the early stages of Dividend Growth Investing, yet I'm already witnessing the increased impact they are having on my monthly income. Over time, the Dividends will continue grow and become more significant. My long term goal is to receive enough Dividend Income to surpass my monthly expenses. I need to remain patient in this early stage because success will not arrive overnight. I will continue to save a large proportion of my monthly income (over 50% for 2014), invest as much money as I can afford, and re-invest all other income streams into Dividend Growth stocks. I will repeat this process consistently for several years to meet my goal of becoming Financially Independent by my 40th Birthday.

December Dividend Payments:
BAE Systems£22.63
BP£15.37
HSBC£4.84
Newton Asian Income Fund£6.89
Royal Dutch Shell B £6.33
Tesco£4.22
Unilever£11.03
Loyalty Bonus£0.13
Total£71.36

December's dividends were above average for me - £71.44. Over the course of 2014, my dividends averaged £49.19 per month. 

In December last year I had my highest payout for 2014 at £5.57. This year represents a 1181% increase in comparison. 


V2 Target Hit

Now that we've reached the end of the year I can tally up all of my dividends for 2014. My total is £590.33. I hit my V1 target (£300) in September and I hit my V2 target (£550) this month. In 2013 I earned £9.88 in Dividends, so this is a healthy increase year-on-year. 

I'm really pleased with the progress I've made this year. My 2014 total is nearly twice the amount I predicted I would receive back in March. I underestimated what I could achieve, and I want to make things a lot harder for 2015. 

If I round my dividend total up to £600, and include that figure for 2015. I can expect to earn this amount and a bit more for 2015. I've worked out that I'm likely to receive something around the £1,500 mark based on how I've performed this year. I want to move things up a gear next year so I'm setting a Target of £2,000 in dividends for 2015. This is a substantial leap on what I expect to earn. Finding an additional £500 on top of expectations is almost as high as the amount I earned in 2014 alone. This will require me to do something different. It'll force me to earn more income in order to invest more money and receive more dividends. 

Happy New Year and bring on 2015!


How was December for you? Did you end up meeting your goals? Have you set your goals for 2015?

Labels: