Dividend Income - April 2014



I plan on recording my monthly dividend payments on this blog for you all to see. I have a Goal for 2014 of producing more than £300 in Dividend payments. This post will collate all of the monthly dividends I've received to date this year. I will show which companies have paid, and how much they've contributed. 

I'm in the very early stages of Dividend Growth Investing. The payments I'll be receiving will be small initially and they're likely to stay that way for some time. I need to remain patient in this early stage because success in this area does not arrive overnight. I must continue to save large chunks of my monthly income (over 50% for 2014), invest as much money as I can afford, and re-invest all other income streams into Dividend Growth stocks. I need to repeat this process consistently for several years to reap the rewards of my labour.

Although we're only half way through April, I've received my one and only dividend payment for the month. (Update - I had 2 x unexpected additions, details below)

April Dividend Payments:

GlaxoSmithKiline - £3.22
*HSBC               - £8.58
**Loyalty Bonus - £0.36

Total - £12.16

Update - I had recorded HSBC's dividend to be received in May. I received a payment from them on 30/04/14.
** Update - I received an unexpected 'Loyalty bonus' from my Broker. 


"The milky bars are on me!", well maybe the first 6 anyway. Not a show stopping month, but I was forecasting a low paying month for April. May should be my best month yet by some margin, and I'm really looking forward to counting the pounds next month.  

I had a really good wage (for me) in April and I've also recently received a lump sum payment for my car, which you can read about in Life without car update. The combination of these 2 factors two has meant I have a nice lump sum of money to invest with for April. I'm planning on buying 3 stocks this month, which will increase my dividend payments for the rest of the year, so watch this space!

I didn't receive any dividend payments for April last year, so it's a substantial improvement in terms of % increase, but not too much to get excited about with regards to the monetary value. It is an addition to the annual pot, and a step in the right direction though. Keep your chin up Huw! :-)

I have a goal to receive more than £300 in dividend income for 2014. My total is now £15.30 £24.24 (Updated on 30th April) which I've achieved in 4 months. If I weren't aware of my forward dividends I would be concerned by now, but I'm still confident of hitting the target this year even though I'm only 5% 8% of the way there and whilst we're 33% of the way through the year. 

There's a long way to go, but I'm heading in the right direction. Thanks again for reading!


How has April been for you? Are you on track to hit your annual target? Have you broken any personal records or met any milestones?

Labels: