Welcome to my Blog

Hi, My name's Huw, and this my journey from being £28,000 in debt to financial freedom.

First of all, thank you for joining me. I really appreciate you taking the time to read about story.

I have set up a page 'About me' which provides my full story of how I got here. I'm a self taught Investor, who's looking to become financially independent by the time I'm 40, which is 8 1/2 years away. 

To define financial independence, I've used the ever trusted wikipedia:

Financial independence is generally used to describe the state of having sufficient personal wealth to live, without having to work actively for basic necessities. For financially independent people, their assets generate income that is greater than their expenses.

I want to have enough Passive Income, through my investments, to cover my expenses. Throughout this blog I will detail my income and expenses so you can see the growth I'm making month to month. I'm a very open and honest person in general, and I see this as the only true way to operate this blog. It will give you, the follower, a full insight to how I've achieved my goal, and it will also make me fully accountable. 

I will share with you any buying and selling activity on shares. I will also share my thoughts on other passive income streams I use or planning on trying.

I have some goals for 2014, which I set in December 2013, I will share all of my goals with you and the progress towards them. 

You're joining me at the start of my journey to Financial Freedom. Due to the years I spent in debt, I've been living a frugal lifestyle for several years now, but I don't have significant sums of investments to show for it (for now!). I hope to inspire other people out there that are in debt or are just starting out as well. If I am able to achieve this, then so can you!  

Thank you once again for stopping by and reading my story. I hope you find it honest, useful, interesting, motivating and fun!

So, without any further ado......... Lets start this Journey. :-)